The 2010 Iron Butt Association National Meeting and the inaugural IBR5000 are over and it’s time to have a little fun!!
Yes, it’s that time again. "Bite the Wieeenie" at Pink’s in Los Angeles, Saturday, Nov 20, 2010.
Pink's is an honest-to-goodness Hollywood icon, sub-cultural gathering spot and past IBR bonus location. The establishment doesn't know we are coming nor do they care. Whether you're Mike Kneebone, Barack Obama, Lisa Landry, Angelina Jolie or Elvis, everyone waits in line. And the 1-hour+ wait at midnight for a $3.30 chili dog is a unique Hollywood experience.
Jacked up pickups, bouncing lowriders, Porsches, pimpmobiles, junkers, and LD motorcycle rigs all share a miniscule parking lot while stretch limos and Hummers circle the block while their contents wait in the 1-hour+ line.
Besides us LDRiders with ATGATT, it would not be unusual to see unique body piercing, facial tattoos, the best body modifications that money can buy, spikes and dreadlocks, prom dresses, grunge street wear and barefoot surfers standing in line.
HOT DOG MENU
If you're into hot dogs . . . check this amazing menu out. http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/menu.htm
The top-of-the-line gastrointestinal bomb is the legendary "THREE DOG NIGHT" -- 3 hot dogs, wrapped in a giant tortilla, 3 slices of cheese, 3 slices of bacon, chili & onions all for … $7.15!!!!!!!!
WHEN: Saturday, Nov 20, 2010
Official Agenda: +/- 60 minutes
10:00 PM - Tire
kickin', extra tall tales and flat out lies!
10:45 PM - Informal “Pimp My LD Ride” contest and "Furthest Distance Rode"
11:00 PM - Line standing and general whining
12:00 midnight - Hot dog mass consumption
1:30 AM - Go home
ADDRESS, DIRECTIONS, GPS
Pink's (World Famous
709 North La Brea
Los Angeles, CA
Directions: From the I-10, exit on La Brea and travel north to Melrose. Pink's is on the left, just after you cross Melrose. Just north of the Pink's storefront is a driveway to a parking lot behind Pinks. You can also access this parking lot from the back alley running between Melrose and Warring Avenue.
GPS Coordinates: N 34° 5.040 W 118° 20.650
WHY MIDNIGHT??? Because that's when the beautiful people appear!!! Oh, and it's a perfect Saddlesore Ride for WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, CO, OK, NM, TX. Leave before midnight Friday evening, arrive at Pink's within 24 hours later to get your witness signatures. There will be dozens of witnesses on hand.
Last year we had out-of-state riders, some riding over 1K.
RSVP not required but if you have any questions:
2010 Ride The Wieenie
On the heels of last year’s successful Yank The Weenie rally, in 2010 we are hosting a self guided ride-in to the Bite The Wieenie RTE. The event is quite simple:
- Spell words using the first letter of cities and towns you may find along the way.
- Prove you were at each city by photographing your motorcycle and any one of the following. The city name must always be visible and legible in the photo.
- City limits sign.
- City hall building.
- Post office.
- Police car or fire truck.
- Make note of your starting mileage. This is the odometer reading on your bike when you leave your house on your way to Pinks.
- As you ride, write down each city you photograph.
- Upon arrival at Pinks, write down the words and/or phrases that you spelled.
- Note your ending mileage, calculate miles ridden, and find Jerry White to submit your logsheet. There is no time deadline, just turn in the form before results are announced.
Special recognition will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most miles ridden.
- Anybody completing a Saddlesore 1000 or Bun Burner Gold.
- Most efficient rider (most letters per mile ridden. Counts only for letters used in words – spare letters don’t count.)
- Spelling any of the following special phrases:
- BITE THE WIEENIE
- HOLLYWOOD (extra credit for using the town of Hollywood)
- DEAN TANJI (he will hate this, so be sure to do it.)
- IRON BUTT
- BUN BURNER
- Any other notable words or phrases. Be creative, have fun with it!
(yes, you sharp-eyed people, wieenie is properly spelled with two I’s. Last year I mis-spelled Yank the Weenie.)